Wednesday 4 March 2009

Work On Development Tools - Part One: Eclipse or NetBeans

Both Eclipse and NetBeans are open source development environment. Because I have been working on Palm OS Developer Suite, which is based on Eclipse, it is by nature to stick with Eclipse to develop Mobile Go for J2ME. However, there are a lot of stuffs need to be done to get a complete environment for design, development, test and deployment.

First of all, I need a UML tool to model my software. I used Visual Paradigm for UML (Community Edition/evaluation copy) to design Mobile Go for Palm. I want a integrated tool to do my work this time. So I searched Eclipse's plug-ins. OMG, there are so many plug-ins. Which one should I choose? What I need is a tool that allows me doing diagrams. I don't really need auto code generation, reverse engine or CVS. I want it be easy to use, don't need to take days to install, configure and learn.

So, where is my baby?

2 comments:

Mike Milinkovich said...

I think what you're looking for is possibly the Modeler package. See near the end of the page at http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/amalgam/downloads/

Mobile Go said...

Mike, you save me days of time. Thank you.