Thursday 26 February 2009

Redesign Mobile Go Using New Design Pattern

While I was learning Java programming these days, I also reconsidered the design of Mobile Go. Mobile Go for PalmOS is an self-motivated project without well plan and design in advance. It luckily came out as a good work. It works because I fully understand what I'm doing, and moreover, what I want as a Go player.

Three years after Mobile Go was born, I now have a bigger picture for it. It will be running on much more diversified devices. It will be offering more features. Ultimately It will probably be offering services other than just playing and observing games, such as pushed news, IM, problem solving champion, etc.

Can Mobile Go achieve these goals? I don't know. But I know it won't be there if I'm not going to do something for it now. That's why I have to redesign Mobile Go. I have to do it from scratch. In order to make Mobile Go platform independent and functionality expandable, a new design pattern is needed. Yes, that is MVC (Model-View-Controller) design pattern.

No comments: