Tuesday 9 June 2009

Rebuilding Server

I have actually finished drafting the game protocol since two weeks ago. However, I was busy on setting up virtual machine and migrating my web server to the virtual machine. I have to do so because my web server is so old (It was build with Intel P3 1n 2001). I'm worry that I have to rebuild the whole system if hardware fails because I don't think it's easy to find an identical hardware now. I tried restoring from backup with various hardware configurations that I have right now, but none of them worked. Eventually I gave up restoring. It is easier to rebuild whole system. Due to the fact that my web server can only run on older Linux distribution (actually on Python2.1), I have to stick with RedHat8.0. This is why I have to host my server on a virtual machine.

No comments: