Friday 15 May 2009

Let's Coding

Finally, it comes to the most exciting phase - coding. I'm going to implement the basic services (Game and Message) on PCs with J2SE, the management services (Account, Billing, Feedback, Rating and Ranking, etc.) on servers with J2EE or JSP, and eventually the basic services on mobile phones with J2ME. The primary programing language will be Java, which I have never ever written an application with. I believe it will be a very very interesting experience.

My next steps will be:
  • To implement a set of core classes that will be used for testing my design
  • To develop application protocols that will be used for communication among different components. Game Protocol should be the first one due to the nature of my project.
  • To build an environment that will allow me creating and testing my system.

I didn't realize that I was running an very old version of Red Hat Linux on two aged machines as my home servers until recently. It seems like I have to update my servers as well. There are enough work to do for now. Don't stop, just keep going. :)

No comments: