Friday 27 March 2009

A New Home for Go and Myself

While I was working on the new version of Mobile Go, I ran into a situation that I feel I should do much more than just writing a Go client. I eventually ended up with a goal, which is to build a totally different Go Sever (or more accurate Go System). That's why I have a new blog here. It will witness not only the new project, but the daily thoughts and experiences that I have regarding Go and software development as well.

I have to learn many things that I had never learned before as a programmer. I started learning Unified Process (UP), Object Oriented Design (OOD). I borrowed books from library and read them day and night. Here are what I have read or am reading so far:

  • Applying UML and Patterns - An Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis and Design and Iterative Development (3rd)(2004), By Craig Larman, Addison Wesley, ISBN: 0-13-148906-2
  • Writing Effective Use Cases (Book Draft) ,By Alistair Cockburn, in preparation for Addison-Wesley Longman, Q3 2000
  • The Unified Modeling Language Reference Manual, Second Edition, By Jame Rumaugh, Ivar Jacobson and Grady Booch, Addison-Wesley, 2005, ISBN: 0-321-24562-8

They are excellent books. I wish I had three heads and six eyes to read them all soon.

In the mean while, I started working on the new project, which I don't have a firmed name for yet. Here are the artifacts I made so far.

  • Vision
  • User Story
  • Glossary
  • FURPS+
  • Use Cases

I'm refining couple major use cases and investigating some fundamental technologies right now.

No comments: